Propel London Ltd, 3rd Floor, 55 Greek Street, London, W1D 3DT. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
How we use your Personal data
We collect the necessary information provided by you to be able to assess your suitability, qualifications and skills for roles we currently have available and for roles that become available in the future. Further information may be needed to assess your eligibility through the different stages of recruitment. We may also use your information to keep you informed by email, telephone or mail about future employment opportunities, and marketing communications. If you do not provide the personal data necessary, or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, we may not be able to match you with available job opportunities
If you do not consent to us using your data for any of these purposes we can remove your data from our database on request, please e-mail email@example.com and title your email ‘Privacy request’.
To better match your employee profile with current opportunities we may transfer your personal data to clients and partners in countries outside the EEA. These countries privacy laws may be different from those in your home country. Where we transfer data to a country which has not been deemed to provide adequate data protection standards we always have security measures and approved model clauses in place to protect your personal data. To find out more about how we safeguard your information as related to transfers contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Events - if you register for one of our events, we will share your name, professional title and your professional address with other people that are attending the same event.
All requests for information or a copy of your personal data should be in writing and addressed to: The data protection officer, Propel London Ltd, 3rd Floor, 55 Greek Street, London, W1D 3DT or e-mail email@example.com and title your email ‘Privacy request’. We aim to respond within 30 days.
Before we send your personal data. We may also require further information from you to verify you are requesting your own personal data.
How long do we keep your Personal data
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any Information you provide by filling in forms on the website to help with the recruitment process. This information will include your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, work and education history, employment and references, full CV and any other sensitive personal data including your responses to and the results of assessments administered through the site.
- We may also collect sensitive personal data about you, in the form of gender plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We only collect sensitive data from you, and further process this data, where you have given your explicit consent.
- If we place you with our clients, we shall also request and hold copies of documentation showing your legal right to work in the UK (or the country in which you have chosen to work), and financial information such as bank account details. We may record and store any telephone calls you have with us for record keeping and quality control purposes. We may undertake credit references, and other lawful checks, where a recruitment client or third party requests such information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We also collect information as a total in order to provide us with a better understanding of the users of our site as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.
- We may also store cookies as set out in more detail below.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we collect Personal data about you from
The following are the different sources we may collect personal data about you from:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide while searching for a new opportunity and/or during the different recruitment stages.
- From an agent/third party acting on your behalf. e.g. Contractors Limited Company.
- Through publicly available sources. We use the following public sources:
- Job Boards
- By Reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
Where we collect your information through publicly available sources as set out above, we may do this with the aid of software programs’ such as Bullhorn. These programs’ are given parameters on the requirements of a role and search through publicly available sources to find such candidates. These programs’ are designed to only output information on candidates that meet the search criteria. The parameters of this program are restricted to only searching for [Name, Age and Job role] candidate information from public sites where there is a reasonable expectation that such information may be collected and further processed by job recruiters for the purpose of sourcing candidates for different job roles.
Where we store your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect the storing of your personal data, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or any third party; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information and transferred it to a third party, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
Legal basis for using your information
For prospective candidates, interim manager, contractors, referees and clients, our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in that we need the information in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees.
If you are interviewed, submitted or shortlisted as a candidate, then this may involve the processing of more detailed personal data including sensitive data such as health information that you or others provide about you. In that case, we always ask for your consent before undertaking such processing.
For clients, we may also rely on our processing being necessary to perform a contract for you, for example in contacting you.
Disclosure of your information
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
If you wish to:
- access, confirm, correct, rectify, update, supplement, anonymise, block, restrict or delete your Personal Information;
- object to our use of your Personal Information;
- if you have any questions about our processing of your Personal Information; or
- if you would like to transfer your Personal Information from us to another person or business,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your Personal Information, you can make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based. Contact details are typically available online, or alternatively, you may email email@example.com for assistance.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.