Strategy & Operations Associate
Join a leading education technology company that’s transforming lives around the world.
Our client is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with our client to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform to transform their talent. Our client is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and non-profits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
- Be a data-driven, objective advisor to senior sales, marketing and customer success leadership team in EMEA and APAC regions
- Perform high-impact quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive growth and improve our effectiveness and leverage across functions
- Lead strategic cross-functional projects to accomplish ambitious growth goals for various business lines
- Develop go-to-market strategies, territory plans, financial plans and metrics dashboards that empower our team with data and recommendations
- Come up with creative solutions to operational or strategic challenges by developing deep expertise on our processes, tools, and business strategy
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, financial services or growth startup
- Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous problems through structured thinking
- Experience in heavy data analysis, manipulation and visualization
- Concise, clear communicator with interpersonal skills
- Proactive, positive and open-minded attitude
- Resourceful and accountable team player
- Analytical problem solver
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Previous experience in the higher education or ed-tech industry
- Bonus: SQL and coding skills
Our client is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.