Senior production DBA
** Senior production DBA needed - 3 month contract - INSIDE IR35 - Start ASAP**
My client is urgently looking for an experienced DBA who has worked in high-traffic OLTP environments in previous roles.
This is an initial 3 month contract and is likely to extend to 6 months.
Fully remote for the foreseeable, but could required one or two days onsite at their Central London office.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Day-to-day management of DBA and associated tasks across all environments
• Work along engineering and product teams based in different locations and disciplines
• Provide out of hours support as required due ongoing or emerging issues
• Get hands on with query and system optimisation work including troubleshooting and resolving database issues ensuring all the systems are performing at their best on a day to day basis
• Lead, coordinate and help to implement database changes for in-house code releases and for database maintenance releases
• DBA experience covering mainly MS SQL Server 2019 On-Prem (senior level) and cloud databases such AWS RDS MySQL and PostgreSQL (mid-level)
• Excellent performance tuning skills (experience of Query Tuning, Indexing, Locking, etc. SQL Server).
• Proven cloud DB administration experience like AWS, Microsoft, Google, etc.
• Exceptional customer focussed, attention to detail and organisation skills as well as being able to work under pressure.
• Fluent in English.
Nice to Have:
• Prior experience in a 24x7, high-traffic OLTP environments advantages.
• Knowledge around Aurora, RDS and Couchbase is a plus.
• AWS cloud certifications a plus.
• Cloud deployment automation technologies and methodologies: Terraforming, Json templates, CI/CD.
• Familiar with change management processes (ITIL), Jira and service desk software in an agile environment.
If you are interested please get in touch!
Contact me on:
020 3965 7864