Senior Product Designer - Tech For Good - Investing In Sustainability - £70,000+
My client is on a mission to make a positive impact on climate change by empowering millions of people to invest in sustainable businesses through their platform. Industries include clean energy, clean technology, sustainable food, smart mobility and recycling businesses. Having recently raised £5 million they are now ready to scale the business further.
About the role:
Product focused UX/UI Designer to as part of our product team working on the main Invest mobile app, your role will be to:
• Help identify what problems they need to solve (alongside a product manager)
• Design solutions that meet their customers’ needs
• Work with the developers to bring those designs to life.
Currently establishing cross-functional squads – comprising a product manager, a designer and developers. So the ideal candidate is someone with a strong UX background who’s also comfortable producing high-fidelity designs in keeping with their design system and brand guidelines when needed. As a small product and design team (2 PMs, a UX designer and a UI designer) they are still figuring out the best way to do this so open to hearing from candidates who think they can cover this broad role.
This role will focus on the following activities:
• Work with the product manager to identify what customer problems to solve next.
• Validate hypotheses on problems and potential solutions via customer interviews, user tests, data analysis etc.
• Develop creative ideas and solutions that identify and address their users’ needs and deliver a great experience on the mobile app.
• Create wireframes, prototypes and designs for new product ideas or features.
• Proactively bring ideas to the table on new ways to engage their users and improve the way they work;
• Liaise with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure a quality end product that matches design specifications.
What experience and skills do I need?
• At least 3 years of experience as a designer – preferably in a tech startup, design studio or creative agency with a strong focus on user experience design
• Experience working in a team with other designers
• Strong experience with the UX design process
• Excellent knowledge of Figma / Sketch
• A strong portfolio demonstrating a foundation of design principles, as well as creativity and versatility across digital channels
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor your message to relevant audiences – both technical and non-technical
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferred).
• You’re a high-agency, high accountability person who gets things done
• A creative thinker and problem solver with exceptional attention to detail
• Passionate about sustainability and solving the climate crisis