Senior DevOps Engineer - Tech for Good Start-Up
Propel are currently working with a an exciting Tech for Good start-up, who are looking for a Senior Engineer to come in and build out their DevOps function from scratch.
As the first DevOps Engineer hire, you’ll be in charge of their full cloud infrastructure. You will architect, expand and maintain the AWS platform, working with a team of skilled engineers and provide support and solutions to scalability and performance challenges.
You will be responsible for having high-quality, and highly-secure operational practices, so the platform can be safe, performant and highly available. You will implement configuration management and environment automation, to improve process and developers quality of life.
- Experience in AWS infrastructure & tooling, including EC2, ECS, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch,
RDSExperience in Docker image building, maintenance, pipelining
- Multiple years coding in Python
- Experience in Distributed architectures and microservices
- Experience in infrastructure cost and performance optimisations
- Experience in monitoring production systems and providing Application Support
- Experience in relational database technologies and optimizations - MySQL, Aurora