Product Designer - Public Sector SaaS Tool - £65k + Equity
A Product Designer is required to join a highly anticipated Series A funded SaaS platform that gives businesses a clear view of the opportunities to work with the public sector, and tools needed to manage them (First time this has ever been done!).
You'll work closely with the CPO & co-founder, CTO, and Lead Product Designer in order to develop a deep understanding of their users, craft effective solutions to their problems, and bring their evolving product to life.
You’ll play a key role in scaling out the Design function with a Lead and Mid Level Product Designer, helping build the foundation for, and grow, the design team. This will include rolling out design systems, recruiting, building team processes & rituals, etc. Whatever needs to be done to nurture a best-in-class design team!
What you'll do:
• Develop professional, beautiful, and more than anything, amazingly functional and intuitive designs for the core features their customers use every day
• Run the customer development process with the CPO, incoming Lead Product Designer, and the rest of the product team. Organising, running, & analysing user feedback and discovery calls
• Take hypotheses, user stories, & customer insights and translating them into high (or low) fidelity prototypes, iterating on these ideas with customers & the product team to arrive at your final designs
• Follow up on shipped features using analytics, interviews, and more to measure the impact of their work, and iterate as required.
• Define, maintain, and iterate on the design system
• Research, collect, and digest best-in-breed design practices, and implement them
What we're looking for:
• 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or product designer (with SaaS products is a plus)
• Experience taking broad goals as an input, and using a deep understanding of the industry, business constraints, and most importantly their users to identify necessary changes to the user experience (i.e., spanning from first contact via content & website through to the in-app product experience and more).
• Experience designing and running key customer discovery tasks (eg. customer discovery interviews, concept and usability testing, etc.) and distilling the output into concrete insights and designs
• Mastery of design tools. We use Figma, so familiarity with it is preferred, but not required if you are willing to ramp up with it quickly.
Benefits & Perks
? A competitive salary
? A generous private health plan
? £130/mo to spend on personal health, wellness, and development
? 25 days vacation + bank holidays
? Company-wide budget for personal development (books, conferences, courses, etc.)
? Office in central London
? £400 for your work-from-home setup
???? Monthly activities during storied "Team Chills"