Head of Compliance / MLRO - Malta
This exciting & well-funded fintech business is looking for a brand new Head of Compliance / MLRO to lead their European operations! Based in their new offices in Malta, you will work alongside the Compliance Lead in the UK and be responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing all regulatory and compliance activities as well as leading their financial services licensing process in Malta!
• Act as Head of Regulatory Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for Europe Operations
• Be the main point of contact for liaising with the Central Bank of Malta, Malta Financial Services Authority (“MFSA”) and Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (“FIAU”)
• Act as primary contact for the MFSA during the authorisation process
• Design and maintain the Company’s AML, CFT & Compliance Monitoring frameworks
• Be responsible for carrying out risk assessments, in line with the company’s policies and procedures, measuring the threats and vulnerabilities of the company’s operations for money laundering and terrorist financing;
• Lead and manage all relevant aspects of any audits or visits from the MFSA or FIAU;
• Develop an effective AML compliance culture;
• Keep abreast with any regulatory and AML legislative changes;
• Oversee the systems, processes and policies related to client funds safeguarding
• Experience as a Senior Compliance & Risk professional within the financial services
• Experience within the payments and/or E-Money industry
• Strong working knowledge of the Maltese regulatory and AML framework
• Have proven experience in scaling a multi-site organisation and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
• The Head of Compliance / MLRO for Europe must be based in Malta
If you're interested in joining this exciting & innovative payments start-up then get in touch!
** Salary negotiable